BE A PART OF #TRF2023: Call for Applications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 NOVEMBER 2022
You are currently enrolled as a Bachelor or Master student at one of the three UA Ruhr universities (RUB, TUDo, UDE) in any subject available (Engineering, Economics, Humanities, STEM, Social Sciences, etc.)
You are interested in an intercultural exchange and ready to experience the professional working environment in the New York metropolitan area and expand your network?
Become a part of our next #TRF Cohort!
Pending final budgetary approval, the fellowship program runs from July 24, 2023, until September 17, 2023 and consists of the following two components: A summer intensive centered around the topic of Entrepreneurial Mindset and an internship of approximately seven weeks in a renowned US company or international organization in the New York metropolitan area including New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
The seminars will cover the following key areas:
- Intercultural communication
- Introduction to the differences between US and German corporate culture
- Workshop for the development of leadership skills
- Career counseling
- Talent management
- Diversity in the workplace
- Working in the 21st century
- Motivational letter (max 2 pages) in English
- US resume / CV
- Proof of English sufficiency of B2 or higher (high school diploma, DAAD language certification, TOEFL, Kaplan)
- Official transcript of records (in English)
- Letter of recommendation by a teacher or professor of your faculty (preferred in English).
THE TRANSATLANTIC RUHR FELLOW SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES
- Partial grant for travel and stay in the form of a scholarship approx. in the amount of EUR 2275 (to be confirmed by your home institution – RUB / TUDo / UDE)
- One-week Summer School centered around the topic of “Global Markets and Entrepreneurship” (including accommodation and extra curricular activities)
- Application process for the J-1 visa including the fee for issuance of the DS-2019 (certificate of eligibility for the J-1 visa)
- Matching for internship in a company in the New York metropolitan area
- Each participant will contribute EUR 500/- prior to the start of the program. Participants will also bear the costs for the DAAD group insurance (approx. EUR 38/- per month) as well as the SEVIS fee and the U.S. Consulate fee for the J-1 visa.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2022
Please send your application documents as one PDF attachment via email to the UA Ruhr Liaison Office in New York:
Priya S. Nayar
UA Ruhr Liaison Office New York
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Phone: +1 (212) 758-3384